We've prepared a list of useful and easy short questions you can ask when you're looking to rent accommodation - rooms, apartments, a flat, a house, whatever it might be!
1. I would like to rent a flat/apartment please.
2. I would like to be close to the town centre, with a view of the beach.
3. What does the flat/apartment contain?
4. Is bed linen available?
5. Are towels provided?
6. Is there a cleaning/housekeeping service?
7. Are there any sports facilities?
8. How much does it cost?
9. How far is it from the airport?
10. Could you send me a brochure, please?
...And here is some vocabulary you will also find useful:
- unfurnished = an apartment/house which doesn't have furniture
- furnished = an apartment/house which is complete with furniture
- semi-furnished = an apartment/house which has some furniture, but not all you need
- spacious = big; offering lots of space
- run-down = used to describe a building which is not in good condition - old-looking and not well-maintained.
- renovated/refurbished = everything has been fixed/redesigned, and made new
- to move in = enter an apartment/house to live there
- utilities = basic needs e.g. water, electricity and heat.